Your Massachusetts Tourism Guide
So what's your favorite Massachusetts Tourism Attraction?
Good question. There are just way too many fun things to do and plenty more to see.
Explore Massachusetts and you'll discover a landscape as expansive and rich as it's history. From the Salem Witch Trials and the Battle of Bunker Hill to the rolling hills of the Berkshires and the sand dunes of Cape Cod, there is something for everyone in Massachusetts.
- Spend summer catching some rays at Marconi Beach along the Cape Cod National Seashore, then eat a lobster meal at one of these fine Cape Cod restaurants.
- Take a fall drive to Tougas Family Farm to pick some apples and pumpkins, then head on over to Davis' Mega Maze for a haunted corn maze. Don't forget to take in the amazing fall foliage along the way!
- Ski down one of the 45 trails Berkshire East Ski Area has to offer during the winter months. Skiing's not for you? Grab a pair of skates and make some figure 8's at Brookline's Larz Anderson Skating Rink (just outside of Boston). Stop by the Fireplace restaurant just down the street for some yummy heart warming food and thaw out by the mesmerizing wood fire. Bring the entire family and go snow tubing on New England's steepest tubing hill at the Amesbury Sports Park.
- Head out to Pittsfield State Forest for some late spring camping. Or try your luck at scoping out a bald eagle at the Enfield Lookout in the Quabbin Reservoir. I'll show you the best time to view these majestic birds.
What Massachusetts Tourism information will
you find on Explore-Massachusetts.com?
Living in Massachusetts my whole life, I've discovered and explored quite a few Massachusetts tourism attractions, and I'd love the to opportunity to share my experiences with you.
Whenever I travel to a new place I'm unfamiliar with, I like to get a feel for the area and check out some of the places and fun things to do before going there.
Even though there are some great websites and resources out there for these different places, it's sometimes difficult and time consuming sifting through the immense amounts of information just to find a simple fact, price or other detail that should be included but isn't.
In creating this website, I not only have the opportunity to share with you my experiences on Massachusetts tourism, I'll do it in a way that's easy for you to find what you're looking for, simple and fun to read and I'll be sticking around for any questions or comments you may have along the way.
Here are just some of the things I'll be talking about as I continue to update this website:
- Where to Stay? Find a cozy and charming atmosphere at the Publick House in Sturbridge, historic excitement at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, and beachside views of Provincetown hotels. For the budget friendly traveler, check out these hostels in Boston. Maybe you're even brave enough to spend a night at the Lizzie Borden House?
- In the Massachusetts travel section, you'll find information on the different forms of transportation. Whether it's finding a cheap flight into Logan International Airport, riding one of the Amtrak trains or avoiding Massachusetts traffic, we'll discuss that here. Did you know you can take a bus ride from Boston to New York City for only $15?
- Major Massachusetts cities and towns along the state and the many fun things to do in each. Stop by the Tunnel Bar in Northampton Mass for a tasty (and strong) martini, then walk across the street to the Eastside Grill for a fabulous meal.
- The beautiful beaches along Cape Cod and the Islands. Looking for ideas for Cape Cod vacations? Take a tour at one of these enchanting Cape Cod lighthouses.
- Exciting outdoor activities like kayaking Massachusetts, biking down the rural Norwottuck Rail Trail, or riding the zip line line through the Berkshires at Zoar Outdoor.
- Massachusetts camping and campground sites. What to bring, what to wear, and where to go.
- Walk the Freedom Trail as part of the many Boston Tourism attractions and discover historic attractions like the old Massachusetts state house, Old North Church, Boston Commons, Paul Revere House, and the USS Constitution museum. Looking for some other fun things to do in Boston? Swing by Quincy Market to do some shopping or take an amphibious boat ride on one of the Boston Duck Tours. The Boston night life is always a good time and never dull, check out these top Boston bars and pubs.
- Last but not least, a brief history of Massachusetts and it's major effect on Massachusetts Tourism today.
How to get the latest information on Massachusetts Tourism?
As I continue to update information on this, there are a few ways to follow along and get the latest updates. Here's how to get the most out of Explore-Massachusetts.com:
- Subscribe to my blog, the Massachusetts Tourism Blog. A blog is just another word for an online journal. It will give you all the Massachusetts Tourism updates, news, information and changes I make as soon as I make them.
- If you do choose to sign up, you can also see the changes and updates as soon as I post them. This is in the form of an RSS feed (Really Simple Syndication).
- Let other people know about explore-massachusetts.com. If you like this site and want others to enjoy it as well, simply follow this Add A Link web page. Share a link at one of the social networking websites below.
- Lastly, you can add a favorite/ bookmark to come back as often as you like. Just click on the button below.
Explore Massachusetts Contents
- A Checklist for Camping Massachusetts-An Insider's Experience With What To Bring
- A checklist for camping Massachusetts - What to bring and my experience with each.
- Amtrak Routes - Train Routes Through Massachusetts
- Maps of Amtrak routes through Massachusetts and descriptions of each named train.
- Massachusetts Travel - Flights, MBTA, Amtrak, Bus, Tours, Traffic
- Information on Massachusetts Travel - Logan & Bradley Airport Flights, MBTA options, Amtrak Passenger Trains, Buses, Tours, Highways and Traffic
- A Nor'easter Storm Explanation - What You Need and Necessary Driving Essentials
- A Nor'easter is winter's most extreme storm. Information on what to expect, how to be prepared if you're caught driving in it and some winter driving tips.
- Weather in Massachusetts - Current Forecasts by County
- Current weather in Massachusetts. Up-to-date weather forecasts categorized by major towns and cities within Massachusetts counties.
- Things to do in Massachusetts' Winter -Skiing, Ice Skating, Holidays, Weather
- Fun winter things to do in Massachusetts. Information on ski areas, ice skating, weather forecasts, holiday fun and more.
- Massachusetts Climate - Seasons, Weather, and Charts
- Information on Massachusetts climate - What to expect for weather that each season brings and average temperature & precipitation charts.
- Amtrak Stations and Schedules for the State of Massachusetts
- Find information here about Amtrak stations and train schedules for the state of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Ski Areas and Resorts
- Massachusetts ski areas - Hit the slopes by day then spend the night at one of the nearby luxury resorts. Find all the information you need on Massachusetts skiing and accommodations here.
- Best Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks In Massachusetts
- Find information on the best outdoor ice skating areas in Massachusetts. Essentials on hours, prices, what to bring and what to expect.
- What to Pack on Your Next Trip to Massachusetts - Packing Advice for Massachusetts Weather
- Tips on what to pack when traveling to Massachusetts. Massachusetts weather can make it tricky to plan for. Here's some packing advice.
- Bright Nights at Forest Park, Springfield - New England's Largest Holiday Lighting Display
- Springfield's Bright Nights at Forest Park - A Christmas lighting display spectacular!
- Christmas Light Displays in Massachusetts - Discover the Sights and Sounds of the Christmas Season
- Get a taste of the Christmas light displays and family holiday destinations Massachusetts has to offer. Find all the essential information for celebrating Christmas in Massachusetts here.
- First Night Boston - A New Year's Eve Celebration of Arts and Community.
- First Night Boston is a premier New Year's Eve celebtration of the arts and community in Boston. Find all the essential information you need here.
- Yankee Candle Flagship Store in South Deerfield - The "Scenter of the Universe"
- The Yankee Candle Flagship Store in South Deerfield brings holiday cheer and the Christmas spirit all year long. Find out why it's one of the largest Massachusetts tourism attractions; second to only the Freedom Trail!
- House of the Seven Gables - Salem's Premiere Historic Site
- Explore the House of the Seven Gables in Salem. Come inside and discover the mystery, legends and history dating back to 1668.
- The Fung Wah Bus Line - An Inexpensive Massachusetts Travel Option
- Traveling between Boston and New York City? Consider taking the Fung Wah bus as an inexpensive way of getting there. Find all the details you need here!
- Paul Revere House - Along the Boston Freedom Trail is the City's Oldest Wooden House
- Explore the Paul Revere House along the Boston Freedom Trail and journey back in time to the days of the Revolutionary Way. Find all you need to know about a Patriot's home built in 1677.
- Prime Outlets Lee - Tax Free Outlet Shopping in the Berkshires
- Take a day trip to the Prime Outlets Lee for some tax free shopping in the Berkshires. Over 60 designer outlet stores!
- Bradley Airport - Convenient Western Massachusetts Travel
- Information on Bradley Airport - Layout and Services, Airlines, Access, Parking & Transport
Search the Site
Find what you're looking for by typing in the box below:
Translate the Site